Without HLF support there would be no Shrewsbuy Heritage Celebrations. However this funding, essential as it is, does not enable us to engage the professional artists, who will attract regional and national audiences and guarantee high quality performances. For this we need the support of other charities and sponsorship.
Sponsorship has mutual benefits. Cultural and commercial development in Shrewsbury needs to go hand in hand. From surveys we know that many people visited Shrewsbury on July the 9th 2005, specifically because they were attracted by the Tudor Weekend. Not only did they enjoy the celebrations, but they shopped and refreshed themselves in cafes and bars as well.
It is estimated that 5000 people saw the Medieval Procession through the town and Festivities in the Quarry on Saturday 8th July , 2006. Park and Ride and Car Park figures were substantially higher than on a a normal Saturday. Sponsorship offers businesses opportunities for on-site promotion as well as in SHC publicity.
Sponsorship links businesses with a major cultural event in the town and thus with the goodwill and prestige, which accrue from this.
Full details of sponsorship opportunities are available from Andrew Bannerman, 01743 351624, firstname.lastname@example.org
SPONSORS AND GRANTS
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Arts Council England
- Awards for All
- European Regional Development Fund, through Shropshire County Council
- Wace Morgan Solicitors
- Tanners Wines
- Galliers Homes
- Shrewsbury and District Arts Association
- Pengwern Books
- Shrewsbury Music Hall (SABC)
- Shropshire Star
- AKT Productions Ltd
- Virtual Shropshire
- Marcia Benbow O’Neal
We are also very grateful for assistance and collaboration from:
- Mail Boxes Etc, Shrewsbury
- Pride Hill and Darwin Shopping Centre
- Shrewsbury Abbey
- Mary White, Ian Pritchard and Shrewsbury Museums
- Andrew Wright and St Julians Church
- Belmont Arts Centre
- The Woodman Inn, Coton Hill
- Castlemoor Farm Meats
- Mike Ashton of Macreative
- Staff at the Music Hall
St Chad’s Church
The Unitarian Church
The committee for the Morris Hall
Staff and Guides of the Visitor Information Centre, Shrewsbury
- Numerous other individuals and organisations, who have supported this, the biggest Shrewsbury Heritage Celebration so far.